Tuesday, May 14, 2013

#A love story

Hey!

So I have this weird thing where I'm super conceited and think people like knowing things about me. Enough so that I write a blog. About my life. But then people validate my feelings by reading it. So theres that.

I'm going to tell you something so super cool that not a lot of people know about me.

May 14th is my anniversary.

The anniversary of the declaration of my love.

There's this Guy. He's really cool and stuff. The coolest actually. He's the love of my life. No, seriously. He's perfect. He always builds me up, and catches me when I fall. He steers me in the right direction, and holds my hand when I need it. He's so strong. He's carried my guilt and shame, my fears, anxieties, hurts, and worries. Most importantly He loves me. He loves me for all that I am. Even with all my flaws, and shortcomings, and mistakes. Even when I'm an asshole. He just says "Hey, it's ok. People mess up sometimes. I still love you. And I'll always forgive you as long as you love me back."

Awesome, right?! He's the best. Ever. The End. So I did what any sane person would do. 

I locked it down.

On a warm [I think it was actually rainy that day] spring evening, much like the one I will experience tonight, I stood up in front of my family and friends and hundreds of strangers and said "Hi everyone, my name is Mariah and I love this Super Cool Awesome Guy. I know you know Him. His name is Jesus. He's made a nice little home in my heart and I love that He lives there. He makes me a better person, and He makes me feel worth it, and also we have a pretty stellar relationship. And I'm gonna take a little dip in this water and make Jesus/Mariah Soup because I love Him so much. And I want everyone else to know how much I love Him. Also - here's a quote from the bible that I live my life by. The End."

Then I got dunked for Jesus.

Also there was crying and stuff.

AND because My Jesus loves me SO MUCH He gave me a Shelby to get dunked with me!

So we share an anniversary! It's also the annual celebration of the day she went from being a fetus to a neonate [that's actually the grossest thing I've ever said], so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELBY!

And Shelby and I lived happily ever after with our forever friend, Jesus. [Even though baptism does not = salvation. We learned that in baptizing school.]

The End!!!!!!!!

[side note: I think that is the most times I have written "The End" in one post. Even though this post is kind of about new beginnings. I'm weird.]


1 comment: