Monday, January 23, 2012

#Never good enough

I hate how easy it is for me to feel inadequate.

I hate that I can lay in bed and cry for hours over something that meant nothing  obviously a little bit  a ginormous amount  nothing to me.

Not because I'm sad about it,

But because I feel like I'm not good enough.

Because I feel like I have nothing to offer.

I spend my days comparing myself to the people around me, and knowing I won't ever be the smartest, or funniest, or prettiest, or skinniest, or the most talented, or the most politically aware, or the sweetest, or nicest, or cutest, or bravest, or gentlest, or the most committed, or the most accomplished.

Not the most anything, just somewhere in the middle, all the time.

It sucks to know you'll always be second best.

And it sucks even more feeling completely worthless.

I shouldn't depend on other people for validation.

And I shouldn't let things other people do affect my self image this much.

But I do. 

And at this point I'm just ready to give up.


3 comments:

  1. RyGuy23.1.12

    Is this a joke? There's no way this is real. Are u serious Little China?
    Let me tell u something. I'm not very religious u know that better than anyone. But god obviously blessed us both with a stellar friendship. U don't need someone to tell u ur great but let me tell u anyways
    Ur dependable. U came and sat with me in the hospital and made me laugh my ass off. Ur sweet and kind. U change lives everyday. Ur this bubbly optimistic little ball of energy. It's impossible to be sad when ur around. And ur beautiful. Probably the most beautiful girl I've ever met. So chin up. U got this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24.1.12

    ^ get a room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9.4.12

    What. The. Fuck. Is. This.
    You're amazing. Get over it. :)
    R

    ReplyDelete