Friday, July 22, 2011

#Dirty Little Secret

A break from Belarus posts, yes? I'll be back to those in a jiff!

Well I actually took a bit of a break from blogging at all this past week. I've just been supa supa busy!

Well, kind of. Busy enough not to blog I guess.

Sooooo I have this guilty pleasure. I can only indulge myself during the summer months. Because it's just not possible the rest of the year round.

You are only allowed to read past this point if it is a judgement free zone.

It's Big Brother.

I know, I know. It's reality tv at it's worst. I used to think that too! A social experiment to see what lengths people will go to for money? Who would watch that? It sounds stupid and lame. But man, it's funny to see the things people do and say out of greed. It really shows manipulation at it's finest.

The funniest part about Big Brother is how annoyingly boring it is...yet so addictive. Why do I care what these people are doing? I literally can't even stand the sound of some of their voices. But I do. And I keep going back. Week after week. Year after year.

"Expect the unexpected." That's the tag line for this stupid show. But as the seasons have gone on the "unexpected" things that Big Brother throws at the contestants have gotten lamer and lamer. Literally to the point that they should just say "Expect the unexpected - we're not throwing anything in there this season! That is what is unexpected! Because we always do dumb shizz that makes no sense in any way! Our unexpected twist is no twist!" That - or get new writers or something.

So why watch it? Because. Just because. There is no other real reason.

This is what my blog has come to. Reality TV. I think I'm on a downward spiral here...

Anyway, moral of the story is: Big Brother. You think it's lame. Then you watch it and all of the sudden you're addicted. Or not. Also, try to live your life the opposite of the way people act in that house. Yes. Done.

1 comment:

  1. Mariah... I am a huge Big Brother fan... we should watch the upcoming season together!! Or atleast spend a large amount of time breaking down the week !!

    ReplyDelete