Monday, November 7, 2011

#In the past 6 months

It's crazy to look back on the past six months of my life.

The things that have changed.

The things that have remained constant.

The decisions I've made.

The decisions still left to make.

The people who have entered my life.

The people who have left.

The people who have stayed.

The places I've been.

The things I've seen.

The insight into new situations.

The irrational emotional situations.

The fears.

The anxieties.

The laughs.

The cries.

The smiles.

The heart-to-hearts.

The quiet nights.

The rowdy ones.

The coping mechanisms.

The school work.

The new illnesses.

The love.

The adventures.

The discoveries.



If someone had told me that morning, six months ago, that I would be here today, I wouldn't have believed them.

Because at that time I felt like I had just lost the world. Like the constant winded feeling of being punched in the gut.

Today I stand stronger. And hopeful for a day when I can think of you and not cry. Not feel like my insides are all twisting up. A day when I can look to other people and help them go through what I've gone through.

So much has changed in the last six months.

But through everything. Through things that have changed or stayed the same, I have always known You would be there, and You would not change. And I am so thankful for that.

You are my ultimate constant. You are my ultimate comfort.

And I know You are taking good care of my Daddy until I can see him again.

Six months of the journey of my life without you has gone by. 

And I will always love you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8.11.11

    My Sweet Mariah,

    How proud I am of you. I could not have walked these last six months without you.

    I am thankful for you. Thankful for your love, laughter, and tears. Thankful that I have had you here to lead me back to the Faith and Hope I thought I had lost forever. Thankful that I am once again able to pray and put my trust in Him..

    I love you so very much...

    Momma

    ReplyDelete