Sunday, August 14, 2011

#Cake and Ice Cream

Today would have been my Dad's birthday. 

His 41st birthday.

Which is super young considering how old I am.

And even younger considering he won't ever be that old.

Fourtyone.

Earlier this summer one of my friends said he went through a crisis when his dad turned 50.

Know what I have to say to that??

At least your dad got to turn 50.

My Daddy was an incredible man, full of life, love, and good advice. He had a kind heart and a winning smile. He didn't take crap from anyone. 

My mom, my sisters, my brother and I took a trip up to the mountains this weekend. To remember my Daddy and the good times we had up there. We went to the lake that he loved, we went up the mountains, and we walked around town. We shared laughs and good times, and held each other through the tears. It was an emotionally exhausting weekend.

I don't know how to feel right now. I pretty much just feel numb. 

Happy Birthday Daddy.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15.8.11

    GIANT HUG. GIANT HUG TIMES INFINITY. Let me know when I can do it in person my beautiful girl.
    M

    ReplyDelete