Tuesday, August 2, 2011

#Let the tears fall freely


I feel it today.

The acute pain in my chest. The one that makes it hard to expand my ribcage to take in a breath. The feeling of rocks filling up my thoracic cavity leaving no room for my internal organs. The physical fullness contrasting the emotional emptiness.

I long to be held in my Daddy's arms again. To feel the safe sanctuary of protection and love silently build itself around me.

I miss his voice, his laugh, his jokes, his smile. I miss his guidance, and his kind heart.

I miss having a Daddy.

The one guy to come home to every night. The one guy who wouldn't let me down, no matter the circumstance. The one guy who would stand by every decision I made.

The one guy who called me 'daughter'. Who looked at me through eyes blinded by unconditional love. Who I had no qualms trusting with every fibre of my being.

I resent people for having what I don't have. Then I get mad at myself for feeling resentment. And I'm constantly in a vicous circle of jealousy and anger.

But you taught me to love. You were an amazing example of love. And I want to live by your example.

I just wish there wasn't such a sharp sense of loss lingering over my head.

I love you, Daddy. I wish you were here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2.8.11

    I'm sorry u feel that way babe. He's watchin over u :)

    ReplyDelete