Monday, September 26, 2011

#If We Are The Body

So today one of my good friends emailed me a link to this website. Because she knows I thrive off of stuff like this. And then I saw it referenced on another blog and having it appear in my life twice in one day was too much for me not to think it was a sign from God to reblog it.

Also I still don't want to do homework.

And a pretty sunshiny girl told me to blog more so she has something to read when she's bored in class (You're welcome =])

Anyway, here's the website:

http://www.100people.org/

But just incase you're too lazy to click the link (because I know I would be, and if you're my friend you probably are too!) I'll tell you all the cool things I learned from this awesomely awesome place!

If the world were 100 people...



50 would be female
50 would be male















20 would be children
66 would be adults 64 and younger
14 would be 65 and older









There would be..

61 Asians
14 people from the Western Hemisphere
13 Africans
12 Europeans



31 Christians
21 Muslims
14 Hindus
6 Buddhists
14 People who practice other religions
16 People not associated with any religion



17 would speak a Chinese dialect
8 would speak Hindustani
8 would speak English
7 would speak Spanish
4 would speak Arabic
4 would speak Russian
52 would speak other languages

82 would be able to read and write
18 would not



1 would have a college education
1 would own a computer



1 would be dying of starvation
17 would be undernourished
15 would be overweight



83 would have access to safe drinking water
17 would not



The world is comprised of 6.7 billion people. 



Who are we?



And what do we look like..

No comments:

Post a Comment