Monday, September 12, 2011

#She's Her Own Woman

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is....even if we're apart, I will always be with you." 
-Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh





When I think of you I think of "safe" I think of "comfortable" I think of "familiar"

I think of a time when my life wasn't so hectic.

I think that if I allow myself to indulge in you again, if I give in to your I love you's, if I call myself your girlfriend, I won't feel so alone.

You're like that old sweater that get's overworn because it's what I know; it's baggy and comfy and easy to hide behind.

But I know better.

I know how wonderful it is to feel wanted. I know that I love the things you say to me. And I know that it sucks being alone.

But I know you won't fulfill my needs. You don't give me the happiness you used to.

You are amazing. You are someone I completely look up to. I think nothing but the world of you. 

But you are not right for me. And conversely I am not right for you.

Stop asking. Stop pushing.

It's time for us both to let this go and move forward to a life that better suits both of our needs.

It's going to take time, but it will be worth it.

It blows right now, but one day you'll look back and know it was for the best.

I love you, and I'm so thankful for what you were to me.

And now it's time to set each other free.

No comments:

Post a Comment