Sunday, March 13, 2011

#Bad News Bears

You know that feeling you get?

The one where it feels like the pit of your stomach just dropped off the face of the earth. The feeling of dread and resentment, and hurt all piled into one little ball that is sitting in the back of your throat. Your heart skips a beat, and not in the romantical, holdmyhandi'llbeyoursforever kind of way.
It's the isthisseriouslyhappeningrightnowiamabouttothrowup kind of way.

Instantly your day goes from awesome to terrible, and everything from that point seems to drag you down.

When I last felt that instant awful it wasn't because of the external factor that it would appear to be, it was because of myself. All of those emotions flooding me to the point of physically bringing me down were all directed at me. I don't like the person I used to be, and I don't want to be that person again. But I'm finding it hard to forgive myself for the things that I've done. My God forgives me, but I'm finding it excruciatingly hard to let go of what I have done and move on.

And that leaves me with this:

why is it so much harder to forgive myself than to forgive everyone around me?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14.3.11

    Ryerye, I know sometimes life gets u down. I know it's hard to forgive yourself but always know that I love u and God loves u. You'll move past this and be a better person for it.
    -RC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilt is the enemy's way of distracting us from God's forgiving love....don't fall for it baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17.3.11

    Its human nature to judge oneself the harshest. We are our own worst critic. Just know that you have amazing friends and family that stand behind you no matter what. I love you not in spite of your faults (it will take me a while to think of any), but because of them, the things that have shaped the person you've become that inspires so much loyalty. I'm here for you, and you won't have to look far to find lots of others.
    M

    ReplyDelete