Thursday, March 17, 2011

#De-friended

So, last Friday there was a devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan, that left thousands dead, and millions mourning. People from all over the world have pulled together to help a country in need.

However, today I deleted 14 friends from Facebook because of rude/cruel/inappropriate jokes made about this crisis. That was not a typo, and you did not read that wrong. 14 people.

In other words: 10 plus 4, or 7 times 2, or 56 divided by 4, or the square root of 196. So if you had 6 bananas and 7 oranges and 2 apples, then I ate a banana because I was hungry and needed some potassium you would be left with as many pieces of fruit as I have deleted facebook friends. 

So rude. So uncalled for. It's not a huge loss to my facebook community, I actually haven't talked to the people I deleted since at least junior high. But still, it makes me sick to my stomach that people would actually joke about something like that.

If you want to make light of millions of people suffering I am more than happy to de-friend you.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17.3.11

    Thats my girl. Completely tasteless. People think that because something is thousands of miles away, its not happening to them, so why not? They don't seem to realize that thousands are dead, and if those reactors blow, the entire world is screwed. So they can giggle at their jokes, but I live in reality, and I'm going to do what I can to help
    Love you Rye,
    M

    ReplyDelete