Sunday, March 6, 2011

#Strength, Faith, Love

Three words that come to mind when I think of my parents.

The strength that they have together, the love that they have for each other and the faith that they have in God is mindblowing and breathtaking.They are such an inspiration, an enigma to be around. They emit the love and compassion and faith they have for each other and for God, and you can feel it in the room when you are with them. Amazing.

My Mom; she's the glue that holds our family together. I love this woman more than anyone in the world. She's so strong and faithful, and she will always support every decision any of us make. She's the caregiver, and nurturer, and she always expects the best from you. She's like a Mother Bear; carefully pointing us in the right direction, but not making the decisions for us. She lets us make our own mistakes, but she is always there to catch us when we fall. She is an absolutely lovely person until you hurt one of her children, then her claws come out. She is always there for a shoulder to cry on, a hug when you need it most, a hand to hold, and she'll always be the one cheering the loudest for you.

My Daddy; he's so strong and brave. In the last year I have watched him go through more than anyone else I have met, and his ability to keep smiling and laughing and staying positive is an absolute inspiration to me. In the face of adversity he showed his true colors, and dove head first into the battle. My Daddy is my hero, with every obstacle placed in his way he fights to overcome it. Not for himself, but for the people around him.The way his eyes light up when my Mom walks into a room makes your heart skip a beat. Together they are one unit, always working in unison towards the same goal.



I am very blessed to have parents who love each other so much. I thank God every day for my family, and for the relationships we all have with each other.

Heavenly Father, 
Please watch over my parents, keep them happy and healthy, give them peace and understanding. We are forever Yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment