Tuesday, March 8, 2011

#What's A Little Wine Between Friends?

I have a friend. Her name is Shelby. And this is the tale of the time we became boozers.

It started out innocently enough, we were going to Tim Horton's for a tea and some lady time. Most of the conversation went like this

Shelby: "I love Jesus"
Mariah: "I love Jesus as well"

We were continuing to enjoy each other's enchanting company when Shelby said 

"I'm thinking about going to get a bottle of wine...is that terrible?"

And I said

"Ummm no. The liquor store is right there, let's go! I have lots of papers and zero wine left."

And the conversation continued a little like this:

Mariah:"Let's go! I didn't win anything on this roll up the rim :("
Shelby:"What time is it?"
Mariah:"Booze o'clock"
I actually made the last part up. Kind of. I didn't win on my roll up the rim :(

So we walked next door to the liquor store and the conversation ACTUALLY went like this

Mariah: "Ohhh vodka's on sale!"
Shelby: "Mariah, it's Monday"
Mariah: "Ummmm I'm a boozer, incase you didn't know"
Shelby: "I like cheap champagne"
Mariah: "I'm drunk all the time, even right now"
Shelby: "I could barely tell, you only swerved a little bit when we drove here"
Mariah: "Let's just get wine"

And so off we went to the wine section,

Mariah: "Have you ever had blush wine? It's delish!"
Shelby: "Yeah, I love it."
Sales Clerk: "Don't let anybody talk you out of getting cheap bubbly!"
Shelby: "Thank you! TWIST CAP ON MY WINE?! I'm sold, I'm so classy!"
Mariah: "I want a twist cap too!"
Sales Clerk: "We have more blush wine's over here, oh none  have twist caps."
Shelby: "That is not necessary"
Mariah:"I want Barefoot."
Shelby: "Me too. Mariah don't drink and drive"
Mariah: "I was actually planning on cracking this bottle on the way home"
-insert nervous sales clerk laughter-

And so away we went, stripped of our dignity but with hands full of twist cap wines.




I love you Sheebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment