Thursday, March 17, 2011

#What Is Love?

I identify as a Christian. That does not mean I look down upon other people and their beliefs, that does not mean I think I am better than anybody else.

It means I love Jesus, I love the way He works through me, and through other people. In our actions, words, and thoughts. I love the way He watches over me, the way He looks out for me. I love the way He knows what I am going to do before I do it, and even though He knows I will make mistakes, He also knows I will learn from them and grow. He gives me freedom. He gives me strength, understanding, peace, wisdom, patience. Best of all He gives me the capacity to love! He set the ultimate, loving example. Helloooo, He is Jesus, He was the one who loved the sick and the poor and the TAX COLLECTORS. He is one with my All Loving Father.

I love my God. I will never understand why He does the things He does. I will never know everything He knows. Because, duh, you have to be God to know that kind of stuff! But I do know He loved me before I was created, and He will love me after I've died. Actually, after I die, I get to go hang out with Him in heaven. He can love me for all eternity! And by can I mean will.

When it comes down to it God asks us to love. He asks everyone to treat others like you would treat yourself, and show the world God's love through your own. He asks you to give back to people, to the world. To LOVE everyone as He has loved you.  He asks you to love yourself, and treat yourself with respect as well. God only wants the best for everyone, He is The Heavenly Father, He loves everyone.

This is the foundation for most other religions. To love. Everyone knows it, everyone craves it, everyone wants to love, and to be loved.

So why then, when I identify myself as a follower of God, of Christ, do I get looked down upon? Because I'm different than you? Because we do not believe the same thing? Because your beliefs are better than mine? Most religions are based off of the same values, so how is yours "better" than mine.Or my personal favorite. Not having ANY kind of belief at all. It's become the "cool thing" in our society to become followers of nothing. Atheists, and agnostics. Having a God is like having the plague. How is your belief of NOTHING better than my belief in a Creator of everything?

MY God loves. He loves me. He works through me to love even those who have done me wrong. He gives me strength to pray for people who have fallen away from Him.




The way to happiness is:
Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, give much. Fill your life with love. Do as you would be done by.
-Buddha

4 comments:

  1. dont ever change for other people. ur faith is amazing and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17.3.11

    Awesome. It's kind of sad that the first thing that came to my mind was the line "Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt, me no more."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17.3.11

    Well Rye, religion is just too mainstream. To be honest, I think we're all just jealous of the strength of conviction that your faith gives you. My cynical little heart loves that you're completely unapolagetic (and why should you be?) for your wholehearted acceptance of the god you believe in, and the principles you live by. We could all use a little faith.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18.3.11

    No worries "anonymous" that's the first thing that came to my mind too. I actually sang it out loud....
    -RC

    ReplyDelete