Monday, May 9, 2011

#Breaking Hearts

You think you know. 


You selfishly think because something is going on in your life, because your life has come to a stop, that everything should revolve around you and your problems. Even for just a second. 


You see a friend post a facebook status, and then another one, calling her life a nightmare. And you bitterly comment on it. 


Your friend sends you a message with some of the most devastating news you have ever heard.


The pit falls out of the bottom of your stomach. The whole world  isn't on pause just because yours is. There is still stuff going on. People being hurt. People living, people dying, people grieving. You would give anything to help your friend. Anything.



M, I am so sorry that you are going through what you are going through. I love you so much. SO much. My heart is breaking for you. I know better than anyone that everyone is telling you to call if you need anything or let me know if you want to talk; and I'm not saying they don't mean it but I mean it from the bottom of my heart. And I know you don't want to bother people, and I know you don't really feel like talking because you don't know what to say. And I know you, and I don't think you would be comfortable crying in front of me. But know that I'm crying FOR you. My chest is tight, my heart is racing, my palms are sweating, my eyes are leaking, FOR you. Because you are amazing and I love you. So much more than you will ever know. Don't give up. Don't lose hope. I don't know if everything is going to be okay, I won't tell you it's going to be okay. But I know you are so strong, so brave, so amazingly resilient, that in the end YOU will be okay
I believe it. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9.5.11

    Rye, I don't know how I fumbled through life before you. But I'm glad I don't have to anymore. Your support means the world to me, and if you care about me even a smidgen as much as I love you, I am the luckiest girl in the world. So thank you, for hoping with me, for letting me in as I let you in. For seeing past the strong front to the feelings I'm not sure how to express except through words on paper. Together we can conquer the storm at our gates. It is times like these, where I have to take a step back and reassess and remember how lucky I am to be alive when others I love aren't, or are suffering. I think of the people I need to make it through. And I listen to this song 8 billion times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVXfHZv50Y
    Its easier to be strong for other people. Just know that you don't have to be strong always; I'll share your load if you'll let me. I love you Rye, and I'll be there, as long as you want me
    M

    ReplyDelete