Sunday, May 8, 2011

#To My Mommy

It's mother's day today.

And I didn't get my mom anything.

What do you give to a woman who just lost everything?

So I'll give her this:

Mommy,

You loved me since before the day I was born. You carried me, birthed me, held me, raised me, adored me, pushed me, yelled at me, comforted me, advised me, listened to me, kissed me, loved me. You're my best friend. You deserve the entire world. And it breaks my heart to see your heart break. You gave up everything for me. And I would give up anything to make you happy again.

Mommy, if there's anything I can give you right now it's the promise of my comfort. I will talk with you, laugh with you, cry with you, hold you, be with you. I won't leave you. We are going to make it, I know it. You are so strong, you are so brave, you and Daddy were a match made in heaven.

Thank you. Thank you for raising me, thank you for not giving me up, thank you for finding someone who loved us both, thank you for saving me from a childhood of unhappiness, thank you for always listening to me, thank you for not giving up on me, thank you for pushing me to be better, thank you for being there for me, thank you for shaping me into the person that I am today, thank you for loving me, thank you for being the wonderful mommy that you are.



I know I screw up, I know I'm going to screw up, but I'll always be here. Just like you are for me. Because above all else, Mommy, I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8.5.11

    That is so sweet rye rye! <3 our family will always be there for your family whenever you need anything! Feel free to ask. Your dad will always be watching you and your family continue on your journey! Your mom will really appreciate that!
    Lots of love
    Kisara

    ReplyDelete