Sunday, May 15, 2011

#Yard Work

When I was little and it was finally spring time I used to run around outside and pick my momma the biggest bouquet of dandelions I could fit in my pudgy little hands.

And as I grew older I realized how annoying that must have been to her.

But then today something magical happened. I was given my very own bouquet of dandelions. It wasn't from my own child, it was from someone else's. But it melted my heart all the same.

Now I'm super excited to have my own kids if not only for the big toothy grin, the muddy knees, and the absolute pride in their voice when they hand me my own bouquet.

I'll be the mom that puts water into a glass and keeps those darned things alive as long as I can. And every day my bouquet will grow bigger from all the other dandelions found. And when my bouquet is ready, I'll take my baby outside for us to blow all the seeds away and make a wish.

Sometimes it's the simple pleasures in life that can change your whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment