Tuesday, October 11, 2011

#Reflection in the mirror

Thanksgiving came and went like a whirlwind.



My long weekend is already over.

And I'm back to the day-in day-out of every week.

I had a lot of time to think about what I was thankful for this weekend. And in the midst of my anxiety, depression, and dark thoughts I was able to come up with an abundance of things I'm thankful for.

Here's a short list because I could go on and on in detail about why each of these things is important to me but that would bore you into never revisiting my blog..

- My little brother
- My ballerina sister
- My artistically inclined sister
- My amazing mother
- My strong Daddy (RIP) - and the opportunity to know what it means to have a Daddy
- The relationship that my whole family has with each other
- The rest of my extended family
- My awesome friends
- Mostly my FBF who is pretty much my third sister..
- My God, my Jesus - and the freedom to express my love for my God
- The house that I call home
- The food I know I can eat
- The clothes that I wear
- The education I am privileged to indulge in
- And all the little extras...I could be here for hours.

We live in a sweet little corner of the world. I don't need one day to be thankful for all of those things. But it's a good habit to get into to look at your life and know how well off you are. Because despite the "crap" we have to go through, we have so much more than 97% of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment