Monday, June 6, 2011

#I Love You, Tomorrow.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow!"

Jesus wants me to procrastinate. It's a proven fact.


Remember last week I wrote a post about leaving my paper to the last minute. Want to know a fun fact about that paper? I cited Everybody Loves Raymond in it.....yeah. Like the TV show. It was one of my sources. This is not a drill, people. And I have been praying about it since then. They've mostly been going like this:

Hey God, 
So um, I'm sorry I left my paper to the last minute and didn't really do as well as I wanted...And I'm sorry I was stupid and referenced a tv show like it belonged in a university level paper. But remember, YOU were the one who called me to nursing....and these are just filler options, so please, God, let me do well. I would be satisfied with a B. Possibly a C. A pass in the very least. Because I don't want to drop the course. That is alotta dolla to throw away, Jesus. And I didn't even get to go to Disneyland. So please give me a hand up here. Because I want to do Your name justice through the mending of people holistically. And I love You.
Amen.

And I just opened my email with my paper back. Graded. And my stomach went all knotty. And my chest went all tighty. And my throat went all scratchy and hurty and growly (I think this is due more to illness than my paper grade). And I hesitantly opened the email. Then I opened the attachment. Then I looked at my grade. "Good job! A."

Um. What.

Thanks, Jesus. I owe You one. Or a million. But I owed You that already. I owe You one more, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6.6.11

    Oh Rye....Apparently I need to start praying to Jesus because what I got goin on? It aint workin. LOL
    Congrats on the A! Sometimes, you just need to switch it up a notch to impress, and honey you delivered.
    M

    ReplyDelete