Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#Team Tight for Terry ~ Version 2.0


Okay people! Listen up!

I'm going to do some self advertising here!

My Daddy is my hero. I'm sure by now you all know his story. But in case you don't my Daddy fought this endless, cruel battle with cancer. So. Hard. He did things that would make weaker men tremble at the thought, and probably vomit a little bit. And he did it all without hesitation. Because he loved. He loved me. My brother and sisters. My mom. We were who he fought for. And above all else that was what he taught us. To love with absolutely NO barriers.

Unfortunately we laid my Daddy to rest at the beginning of May. As hard as my Daddy fought, cancer ruthlessly fought back, and tore him apart, from the inside out. Cancer is a jerk (I have a few other choice words, but let's keep this PG shall we?). But we can help. YOU can help. You can help me help researchers help people. Look at that chain of love!!

I'm running again this year in the Terry Fox Run. Team Tight for Terry (Simpson). I am not in very good shape so there is a slight chance it will only be the 5k. HOWEVER I'm going to start training right away and push myself to do the 10k. If my Daddy could fight the way he did I sure as heck can run the 10k. The amount of pain I will feel running will be NOTHING in comparison to the pain and anguish my Daddy felt for months.

What I need from you is
- Donations
- Prayers
- Love
- Support

Last year I asked everyone to donate instead of giving me any kind of birthday present. Because the run is in September and so is the anniversary of blessing earth with my presence. I'm going to be posting it lots on facebook, so no worries if you don't get around to it yet! I won't let you forget it!!!

Last year Team Tight for Terry came in 17th overall in all of Alberta\Nunavut\North West Territories for pledges raised!! We raised $3,350, let's try and top that!!

You can donate to me in person, cash or cheque, OR you can donate online! Right now! This is not a drill it's super easy folks!!!! Here's the link:

This is it guys! This is the link! Click MEEE!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for reading my blog and caring enough to stay updated in my life. It would mean a lot to me if you supported me and my Daddy in our continuing battle against cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment