Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#Celebrations!

Today is bittersweet.

One year ago today my daddy was diagnosed with cancer. It was the day that everything changed. Since then we have undergone a war of ups and downs and everything in between. It's been the most emotionally draining year God could have put down upon us. But we're here. We're stronger. We're God-lovers. We're together. And I think that's what matters.

So I can look back on the life I used to have and mourn it. Or I can look at the new life God has given me and rejoice in it. I love my Daddy, and I'm super glad he was given another chance at fighting this disease. He is so strong. He is so brave. And I know I've done 2 other posts about how strong and brave and wonderful this man is but I dont think you understand how much of an inspiration he is to me!

Last night (while I was out, in my flip flops, because I needed toe painting therapy yesterday) me and my mom were talking about biblical stories she could read me before bed (um yeah....20 years old and my mommy is still reading me bedtime stories. No judgement.) and the story of David and Goliath came up. You know the one where a young boy (who later becomes king) defeats a giant with only a sling and a stone and the power of God?? That reminds me of my Daddy. Defeating this giant that has beaten so many others with little to no ammunition and only the power of our Lord and Saviour.

And Daddy comes home to stay today! After more than 3 months in the hospital! Look how far we've come in a year.

But today is not only a one year anniversary of a definitive diagnosis, it is a 21 year anniversary. Of the birth of one of the lovely ladies that I have the privilege to call my friend. She is super sweet and kind and caring. She has a cute little giggly laugh and a pretty smile. And she has an endearing passion for helping people that is going to make her an amazing nurse. I love this girl muchly, she has been there for me through so much and she is completely irreplaceable. I love her because she loves snails eating lettuce, and she wants to travel the world with me, and she is pretty much me but living in a super cute non-chinese body!

So today I'm choosing to celebrate life. Because life is the ultimate gift from God. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous19.4.11

    "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in in." Psalm 118:24. XD
    So glad your daddy is coming home today! I'm glad my birthday is a happier day for you this year. I love you so very very much <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19.4.11

    A year ago today I celebrated a good friend's birthday. Today, I celebrate the day one of my best friends arrived on this planet. Amazing how much difference once year can make.
    M

    ReplyDelete