Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#Cheekies

I have chubby chipmunk cheekies.

It's not a bad thing. This is not a post looking for everyone to say "Excuse me miss, I do declare your cheekies are super skinny and not chipmunk like" because, in fact, I like my chipmunk cheekies. They are pinch-able and love-able and everything else that is great about chipmunk cheekies. 

This post actually has nothing to do with cheeks though. And it has everything to do with nursing. 

Everytime I step into the hospital I know what is waiting for me. Sick, grumpy people, 8 hour shifts full of standing and walking, blood, vomit, poop, and everything in between, the pressure of holding someone's life in my hands, illness, heartbreak, and sometimes, unfortunately, death. And I can't help but love it. 

Everything about nursing was completely made for me. Helping people? Check. Oodles and oodles of knowledge? Check. Working one on one with people? Check. Having full on conversations about people's poops? Check.

Yep, being a nurse won't be easy, it's not going to be something that will come easily to me all days, it's not something I will leave all the time satisfied with how the day went. But it's what I'm completelyridiculouslyonehundredpercent in love with.


Even when I have to write bajillions of papers. What on earth does writing papers have to do with nursing. This amount of paper writing is ridiculous. 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5.4.11

    To become a nurse, you must destroy a rainforest. whooooops. lol
    In other news, your cheeks are awesome. They are the first indication that you're in a good mood, other than a ninjahug.
    In yet more news, I'm pretty sure I terrify even nurses with my fascination for the macabre injuries people manage to obtain. I impress myself every day.... ;P
    M

    ReplyDelete