Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#Deep Breathing

Yesterday was not a complete write off.

There was some good stuff in there too.

I didn't even study a little bit for my exam today. Oh well. (this is a good thing...kinda. It would have been boring, however I'm pretty unprepared for today...)

I layed in bed and cried with my bestie.*

That was surprisingly refreshing. 

I also bought a pretty new bible. Even though my newest one was supposed to be NLT or ESV or NKJV or a study bible, I just bought another NIV. It was too pretty to pass up. I like pretty things!

Then I prayed for an uber long time. And I felt lots better. And I wrote in my brand new prayer journal. And I cried a little more. That also made me feel lots better.

Crying is good, sometimes. In moderation, I think.

So now to take on today.

Today has the potential to be terrible.heartbreaking.soulcrushing.

It also has the potential to be relieving.renewing.refreshing.

I'm putting my faith in You. I love You, always.



"I will hold tight to the hand of Him, who's love will comfort me! And when my hope is gone and I've been wounded in the battle. He is all the strength I will ever need. He will carry me!" - Mark Shultz


*I'm aware layed isn't a word. Deal with it. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20.4.11

    "Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black And the dark street winds and bends.
    Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
    We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
    And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
    To the place where the sidewalk ends."
    — Shel Silverstein

    I'm with you, in this for as long as you'll have me and long after. The journey ahead will not be easy, but you can lean on me and I'll be here with a hug and a hand and anything you need

    M

    ReplyDelete