Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#Inspiration Is The Name Of The Game



Remember when I did that reflection of myself in the past year? Really? You don't? It was only like 3 posts ago!

Well would you like to know what I was doing a year ago today?

Crying. Praying. Worrying.

I was scared, I was helpless, I was lost.

I was sending my Daddy in for surgery. What I didn't know would be the first of many to come.

For the months previous he was plagued with pain, with a growth on his face, with the disease that tore his life apart.

My Daddy is the strongest man I know. He is the bravest man I know. When I was little I used to cry in the middle of the night because I thought there was something outside my bedroom door and my Daddy was the only one I would call for. And he would always come. Always. One time I woke up from a bad dream and was scared of a bear in my closet, and so I called for my Daddy and he came up the stairs in full hockey gear ready to take on any bear. It didn't matter what it was, a night time monster, a bear, a bad day, a sprained wrist, a broken heart. Daddy was always there for me.

But the strongest and bravest thing he ever did for me? He came into my life, and saw a little girl silently calling for a Daddy. A daddy who would love her unconditionally, who would hold her hand through all walks of life, who would watch her grow up, and support her every decision. A daddy who would one day walk her down the aisle, who would give her away to a man worth loving his daughter, but who would never stop loving her. Not ever. And he became that. 
For me.

And today I'm looking back, looking at everything my Daddy has gone through in the last year. All the surgeries, all the suffering, all the injustice.
But with it all the faith, all the love, all the friendship.

He didn't deserve this, but he's fighting through it. He is amazing. A fighter. Strong. Brave. Inspiring.

God is good. He has worked through many surgeons and doctors and nurses. He saved my Daddy's life. God has the power to heal. He has the ability to take this illness away from my Daddy. He brought my Daddy into my life and gave him the compassion to love me like his own. God also has a plan. A divine plan. And I have complete faith in it.

Always.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12.4.11

    You are a beautiful person, and so is your sweet daddy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie12.4.11

    I love you Riah!! <3

    ReplyDelete